[syslog-ng] udp drops

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Sun May 31 13:59:45 CEST 2009

Out of curiosity, how many messages per second was the stock syslogd able to
process with minimal loss?  What method did you employ to determine loss?  I
am setting up a similar logging solution with NG using the db-parser module
which takes considerable CPU.  I plan on using Cisco server load balancing
to round-robin load balance on N number of syslog nodes to achieve zero
loss, but I'm concerned that detecting loss will be difficult.

--Martin