[syslog-ng] How to configure mail alerts

Siem Korteweg Siem.Korteweg at qnh.nl
Tue Jun 30 07:37:00 CEST 2009

Have a look at: http://www.campin.net/newlogcheck.html

regards,

Siem Korteweg

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu namens ccie 6862
Verzonden: ma 29-6-2009 22:25
Aan: syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu
Onderwerp: [syslog-ng] How to configure mail alerts

This is a pretty basic question, but I'm stumped as to what to install to get
email alerts. The configuration is simple, but in the sample configs I've run
across, I've seen something similar to the following:

destination mail-alert-perl { program("/usr/local/bin/syslog-mail-perl"); };

I've installed perl-Parse-Syslog-1.10-1.el4.rf.noarch.rpm and
perl-Parse-Syslog-Mail-0.14-1.el4.rf.noarch.rpm, but nothing remotely close
has been installed. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks