[syslog-ng] How to configure mail alerts

ccie 6862 ccie6862 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 29 22:25:53 CEST 2009

This is a pretty basic question, but I'm stumped as to what to install to get email alerts. The configuration is simple, but in the sample configs I've run across, I've seen something similar to the following:

destination mail-alert-perl { program("/usr/local/bin/syslog-mail-perl"); };

I've installed perl-Parse-Syslog-1.10-1.el4.rf.noarch.rpm and perl-Parse-Syslog-Mail-0.14-1.el4.rf.noarch.rpm, but nothing remotely close has been installed. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks