[syslog-ng] Backslash before quote

Pennington, Philip philip.pennington at credit-suisse.com
Wed Jun 10 20:14:40 CEST 2009

Bazsi,

Ok thanks, I think that does look like what I need.   I assume you meant
template_escape(no)  (underscore not hyphen).

I've tried a bit of experimentation and for some reason I can't seem to
get it to drop the backslashes

Is it correct to say this is required on the first and every "tcp"
destination syslog relay in a chain as well as the final "file"
destination?  (I was trying with relays).

The admin guide does suggest that template_escape is a common option for
every destination (presumably including tcp), are you aware of any known
issues with this on version 2.0.5 ?

Regards

Philip