[syslog-ng] IPv6 destination host + port causes assertion failure in gsockaddr.h

Alexei Aliaev alexei.aliaev at Q1Labs.com
Thu Jul 30 16:06:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to solve an issue with syslog-ng 3.0.3 in IPv6
environment...
I have a destination specified in my config file as such:

	destination collector {
		tcp6("fdab:228b:77af:6e7e:206:5bff:fef6:e2af"
port(514));
	};

When I run syslog-ng, I get this:

	file gsockaddr.h: line 86 (g_sockaddr_inet_get_sa): assertion
failed: (g_sockaddr_inet_check(s))
	Aborted

I tracked down that this is caused by the destination definition above.

The destination address is of the same box and port 514 is open and
listening.

If I remove the port, everything seems to start-up fine but it tries to
connect to the specified IP to port 0 and I keep getting connection
refused messages.

Are there any known issues that could explain this?

-- Alexey