[syslog-ng] local-remote syslog-ng log collection problem

linux linux linux.masami at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 19:13:57 CEST 2009

hi,

I am new in syslog-ng. I want to make my syslog-ng.conf file in such way so
it can collect data from remote and local process. After modifying the
syslog-ng.conf i am able to collect the log, but problem is am getting the
log with localhost insteed of local server ip and remote server ip. But if i
restart the syslo-ng and the process then am getting log with my server ip
for only that particular process that i have restarted.
Could anyone plese let me know why i have to restart the syslog-ng and
daemons/processes everytime, though i did not make any change in
syslog-ng.conf file. I prepared the bootable iso with my syslog-ng changes
so syslog-ng and daemons should pick up my cganges when i install os on the
server.
Am ii missing something in syslog-ng.conf file or i need to add something in
each precess/daemon?

Below is code for collect local-remore log.

udp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514));
destination remote {udp("remote server ip" port(514));};
log { source(all); destination(remote); };

Thanks
Masami