[syslog-ng] syslog-ng MIB table

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Fri Jan 16 14:37:59 CET 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 10:08 +0200, Riza Kamalie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does syslog-ng have a MIB that can be quered using snmp?

No. There was a MIB for syslog in the works in the syslog IETF group,
but I've lost track on it.

I'm not sure that would be applicable to syslog-ng as the syslog model
used in the IETF group was way simpler than what syslog-ng allows you to
do.

However, with the new statistics infrastructure in place
(http://bazsi.blogs.balabit.com/2008/11/syslog-ng-statistics.html) it
would probably be possible to integrate syslog-ng with SNMP. Also we
might do something related in our syslog-ng Store Box product in the
future.