[syslog-ng] Syslog-NG Openssh RHEL 4

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Jan 8 21:35:26 CET 2009

Hi,

Please check that sshd indeed sends messages to syslog-ng by using
strace. Then if it does please also validate that it is indeed using the
facility/priority values that you are filtering with.

something like this would probably help:

strace -o sshd.trace -s 1024 -f -p <pidofsshd>

make sure that sshd.trace is not user-accessible as it may contain
sensitive information.

you should look for strace entries that contain log messages that you
are interested in.