[syslog-ng] external configuration file syntex

Robert Fekete frobert at balabit.com
Tue Aug 25 10:05:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

Do you mean that you would like to read the port number from an external file
and use it in your destination statements? Because this is no possible, you can
include only complete parts of the configuration, and it is not possible to use
variables.

If you want to include for example the complete destination statement, you just
create a file with this statement (e.g., destination.conf) and in your syslog-ng
conf, write
include "destination.conf";

After that you can reference the d_messages destination in the syslog-ng conf file.

Regards,

Robert Fekete