[syslog-ng] syslog-ng and"program" function(was:RE:Troublewithlogging to mysql)

Stallmann, Andreas AStallmann at CONET.DE
Tue Sep 30 08:06:59 CEST 2008

Hi all!

> OK, so syslog-ng gets the log from the network. Your config seems
> valid to me, so I fear I can't help you further :(
I'm working around that problem by writing to a file and parsing it
(from cron) with a perl script to the database. Works nicely. If anyone
is interested, I'd ask my employer, if I may publish it.

TNX again for your inspiration,

Andreas

--
CONET Solutions GmbH
Andreas Stallmann, Senior Berater
Internet: http://www.conet.de, mailto: astallmann at conet.de

CONET Solutions GmbH, Theodor-Heuss-Allee 19, 53773 Hennef
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Siegburg (HRB Nr. 9136)
Geschaftsfuhrer/Managing Directors: Dipl.-Inform. Rudiger Zeyen (Sprecher/Chairman),
Dipl.-Betriebsw. Wilfried Putz und Dipl.-Inform. Jurgen Zender
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dipl.-Math. Hans-Jurgen Niemeier