[syslog-ng] syslog-ng and "program" function (was: RE: Troublewith logging to mysql)

Stallmann, Andreas AStallmann at CONET.DE
Thu Sep 18 08:36:07 CEST 2008

Hi Joe!

> Are you sure that syslog-ng is successful in creating a
> persistent child running that mysql command line? You should
> see in "ps -elf" a syslog-ng process with a child process
> running that mysql command line.
That seems to be it: No mysql-child at all is beeing created.
No wonder no records are written to the database.

> I see that you have already tried sending the output to a
> file and it looks ok that way. The only other thing I can
> suggest is to send it to a script of your own instead of
> mysql and in your script you can see *exactly* what mysql
> would receive on its stdin.
I'll do that and let you know the results.

Thanks a lot!

Andreas

--
CONET Solutions GmbH
Andreas Stallmann, Senior Berater
Internet: http://www.conet.de, mailto: astallmann at conet.de

CONET Solutions GmbH, Theodor-Heuss-Allee 19, 53773 Hennef
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Siegburg (HRB Nr. 9136)
Geschaftsfuhrer/Managing Directors: Dipl.-Inform. Rudiger Zeyen (Sprecher/Chairman),
Dipl.-Betriebsw. Wilfried Putz und Dipl.-Inform. Jurgen Zender
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dipl.-Math. Hans-Jurgen Niemeier