[syslog-ng] syslog-ng and "program" function (was: RE: Trouble with logging to mysql)

Fegan, Joe Joe.Fegan at hp.com
Thu Sep 18 01:17:55 CEST 2008

> It is, as the statement was *never* executed. *ARRRRGHHH*

Are you sure that syslog-ng is successful in creating a persistent child running that mysql command line? You should see in "ps -elf" a syslog-ng process with a child process running that mysql command line. The pid of the child process should *not* change over time. If the child pid is changing then this means that the child mysqld is exiting and syslog-ng is creating a new one. This should not be happening if your config is OK.

I see that you have already tried sending the output to a file and it looks ok that way. The only other thing I can suggest is to send it to a script of your own instead of mysql and in your script you can see *exactly* what mysql would receive on its stdin.

Joe.