[syslog-ng] running syslog-ng and syslogd concurrently?

Matt Camuto mcamuto at hotwire.com
Fri Nov 28 19:32:25 CET 2008

Hi Martin

Thanks for this advice. I was thinking something along these lines. However the problem was that during the installation itself it removed the syslogd deamon so I need to work around that issue and then make the appropriate modifications to the syslog-ng.conf files. For the initial impl I think we would want to just use 'non default' protocol/port on syslog-ng and use standard syslogd for everything else. This seems easy enough with the syslog-ng conf files. We will juat have to work on the installation script problems I guess. Maybe there is a way to non remove syslogd during install but we did not remember having that option at install time.

Thanks for the advice.

matt