[syslog-ng] Filtering duplicate messages

stucky stucky101 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 05:05:32 CEST 2008

I've been after this since I switched to ng and realized this feature was
not migrated over (for reasons beyond me since this was the only good
feature of syslog !)
I'd be very interested in having this ported to the 2.x branch but I'm not a
programmer so I need to rely on you code gurus for that.
Nice to see that someone is on it and I'd be happy to help test it !

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 7:55 PM, chris packham <
chris.packham at alliedtelesis.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've done a bit of searching on this mailing list and found some
> messages requesting a feature where duplicate messages are
> filtered/suppressed/summarised (I'm after the same thing). There appears
> to be a patch for syslog-ng 1.6.12 in openSUSE that addresses this for
> the older version.
>
> Is anyone actually working on this functionality for a 2.x release?
>
> I've got a proof of concept working on top of the latest 2.0.x git
> branch but before I get too carried away I wanted to check if anyone
> else is working on it (or if someone has already implemented it).
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

> Documentation:

stucky