[syslog-ng] Filtering duplicate messages

chris packham chris.packham at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Tue May 27 04:55:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've done a bit of searching on this mailing list and found some
messages requesting a feature where duplicate messages are
filtered/suppressed/summarised (I'm after the same thing). There appears
to be a patch for syslog-ng 1.6.12 in openSUSE that addresses this for
the older version.

Is anyone actually working on this functionality for a 2.x release?

I've got a proof of concept working on top of the latest 2.0.x git
branch but before I get too carried away I wanted to check if anyone
else is working on it (or if someone has already implemented it).

Thanks,
Chris