[syslog-ng] Troubleshooting local5.* output

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 00:10:23 CET 2008

>  I don't have the faintest idea what is happening on your clients :((
>  Could you provide more details about your client hosts? For example
>  what OS are you using, what version of syslogd is running and how does
>  a sample log message look like?

[scarolan at client ~]$ rpm -q sysklogd
sysklogd-1.4.1-40.el5

Sample from /var/log/mylogfile.log. email addresses, ip address and
session id changed to protect the innocent.  The
"localhost.localdomain" entry is actually in the log entry though.  I
did not change this part.  These get written to the local file but not
the remote host.

Mar 17 18:07:51 localhost.localdomain customername: info -
com.foo.services.webui.PageTurnEvent:
ActorString(somerandomdude at yahoo.com)ActorID(3969999)SessionID(hv1ukzasd32.JS1)HostID(70.XX.XX.XX)
Page(joblist.html)