[syslog-ng] Date and Host in Syslog Format Need Swapping

Geller, Sandor (IT) Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com
Thu Jan 17 16:44:50 CET 2008

Hi,

> Sandor;
>
> While I appreciate your input, your references to the docs
> yielded negative hits, as I've mentioned, for anything with
> the work "LinkSys".

There is additional timestamp format parsing code in logmsg.c
Also this new feature is mentioned in the NEWS file. Sorry but
I still don't understand what other information you're looking
for.

> My original email stated that the syslog format was receiving
> data from an appliance which has YEAR where HOSTNAME belongs.

Did you try out syslog-ng 2.0.7? If it fails to recognise the
timestamp format your appliance uses then please provide at least
a full packet to check what is still missing from the parser.

Regards,

Sandor