[syslog-ng] Upgrade from 1.6.11 to 2.0.7: Gotchas?

Ivey, Chris Chris.ivey at acs-inc.com
Fri Jan 11 15:03:31 CET 2008

Folks,
	I need to upgrade my syslog-ng from 1.6.11 to 2.0.7 since we now are
using devices with high resolution timestamps.  As I inherited these
machines, and had not worked with syslog-ng prior to getting them, I was
wondering if anyone could let me know if there were any gotchas for the
upgrade.  Can I upgrade in place?  Do I need to make backups of any files?
Things of this nature.  Thanks, all!

Chris Ivey

Affiliated Computer Services
Enterprise Management Integration Services
Infrastructure Management Senior Analyst

chris.ivey at acs-inc.com

"I have not failed, I have simply found 10,000 ways which do not work!" --
Thomas Edison
"When you find yourself in a hole, the best thing to do is stop digging!" --
Nick Stokes
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" -- Adam Savage