[syslog-ng] FreeBSD dist syslog-ng.conf-sample dumps mail.info to maillog & messages

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Tue Aug 26 13:51:27 CEST 2008

> > postfix is sending only warnings to messages
>
>Well, this rings a bell. When you run a chrooted postfix then it
>could fall back using /dev/log (or its FreeBSD equivalent) in the
>chroot when syslog-ng is restarted. A commonly used workaround on
>linux is to create the /var/spool/postfix/dev directory by hand
>and add /var/spool/postfix/dev/log to the sources of syslog-ng.

Interesting point, thanks.  We aren't running chroot, but noted for the future.

To the "log" directives feeding stuff into destination file
"messages", I added a NOT filter for "postfix.*warning" and for "postgrey".

>I don't see any problems with your config, although I did only
>a quick check.

fixed my error:

filter f_conn_from_unk { match(": connection from unknown"); };

filter f_conn_from_unk { match(": connect from unknown"); };

thanks,
Len