[syslog-ng] FreeBSD dist syslog-ng.conf-sample dumps mail.info to maillog & messages

Geller, Sandor (IT) Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com
Tue Aug 26 09:13:20 CEST 2008

Hi,

Well, this rings a bell. When you run a chrooted postfix then it
could fall back using /dev/log (or its FreeBSD equivalent) in the
chroot when syslog-ng is restarted. A commonly used workaround on
linux is to create the /var/spool/postfix/dev directory by hand
and add /var/spool/postfix/dev/log to the sources of syslog-ng.

I don't see any problems with your config, although I did only
a quick check.

HTH,

Sandor