[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng 2.0/2.1 on Fedora Core 4

Ivey, Chris Chris.ivey at acs-inc.com
Fri Apr 25 20:16:31 CEST 2008

That is interesting, Evan!  I did as you suggested (put the env AND the
configure on the same command line) and it worked swimmingly...  I don't
really understand the "why", but I can't argue with the results.  :o)

For clarification sake, here is what I was doing before that did not work:

1.) PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig; export PKG_CONFIG_PATH
2.) sudo ./configure --enable-spoof-source

Can someone tell me what the difference between that, and Evan's command
below, would be?  Thanks everyone, especially Evan and ScottO!

Chris Ivey

Affiliated Computer Services
Enterprise Management Integration Services
Infrastructure Management Senior Analyst

1120 Celebration Blvd.
Celebration, FL 34747
(321) 939-6540 Office
8296-6540 Disney Tie-Line
(407) 557-1072 Cell
162*326905*19 Nextel Direct Connect
chris.ivey at acs-inc.com

"I have not failed, I have simply found 10,000 ways which do not work!" --
Thomas Edison
"When you find yourself in a hole, the best thing to do is stop digging!" --
Nick Stokes
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" -- Adam Savage