[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng 2.0/2.1 on Fedora Core 4

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Fri Apr 25 19:20:40 CEST 2008

>> the output from the configure command:
>>
>> sudo ./configure --enable-spoof-source
>> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
>> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
>> checking for GLIB... yes
>> checking for EVTLOG... no
>> configure: error: Cannot find eventlog version >= 0.2: is pkg-config in
>> path?

Note that the configure is using /usr/bin/pkg-config
and your eventlog.pc is in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

You need to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH prior to running the .configure script
so that this path gets built into the make process.

I use

env PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig ./configure --enable-spoof-source

to get the guild right.

Evan.