[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng 2.0/2.1 on Fedora Core 4

Ivey, Chris Chris.ivey at acs-inc.com
Fri Apr 25 15:50:35 CEST 2008

Scott et. al.,

    OK, I am following along with the directions from the "compile
syslog-ng" page but am getting errors.  I have seen TONS of posts about
folks having this error, but I have not found a solution.  Here is a snip of
the output from the configure command:

sudo ./configure --enable-spoof-source
checking for GLIB... yes
checking for EVTLOG... no
configure: error: Cannot find eventlog version >= 0.2: is pkg-config in
path?

I found the command the configure script runs, so I ran it manaully:

sudo /usr/bin/pkg-config --exists --print-errors eventlog
Package eventlog was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `eventlog.pc'
No package 'eventlog' found

env | grep PKG
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

ls -al /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  237 Apr 25 08:19 eventlog.pc

Can anyone help me figure this issue out?  Thanks in advance!

Chris Ivey

Affiliated Computer Services
Enterprise Management Integration Services
Infrastructure Management Senior Analyst

chris.ivey at acs-inc.com

"I have not failed, I have simply found 10,000 ways which do not work!" --
Thomas Edison
"When you find yourself in a hole, the best thing to do is stop digging!" --
Nick Stokes
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" -- Adam Savage

  _____