[syslog-ng] Compiling on HP/UX 11.11

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Sep 27 13:02:49 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 08:35 -0700, C Wells wrote:

> > > So I modified configure to copy out a conftest.l
> since
> > > it cleans it up. Then I tried running
> > > flex -d -o pleasework conftest.l  and get the same
> > > result, can not find output. What should I try
> next ?
> >
> > I think it must have something to do with the "fatal
> error" that flex is
> > reporting:
> >
> > "flex: fatal internal error, exec failed"
> >
> > Where did you get the flex binary from?
>
> I obtained flex from this link
> http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Gnu/flex-2.5.33/
>
> I will try and remove it and reinstall. Are there any
> other workarounds if I can't make flex work ?

you can try to use the generated flex output files in the release
tarball, however it requires flex specific symbols from libfl.a

So assuming that only the flex binary is broken and the library is ok,
then try to copy the cfg-lex.c file from the release tarball, touch it
to make it newer than the cfg-lex.l file and try to relink.