[syslog-ng] (no subject)

hi ro elfst25 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:48:24 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a client node and a server node which has two Network Interface Card(NIC A, NIC B).

Syslog message sender is installed in the client node.
Syslog-ng(version2.0.5) and eventlog(version0.2.5) are installed in the server node.

I can't understand following situation.

[situation]
1. Change status NIC A and B UP by ifup command
2. Start syslog-ng service
3. Change status NIC A DOWN by ifdown command
4. Syslog-ng service can receive message to NIC A. ※ situation
(Syslog-ng service can also receive message to NIC B.)
5. Change status NIC B DOWN by ifdown command
6. Syslog-ng service can't receive message to NIC A and B.

Under the situation(4), I expected that syslog-ng service can't receive message to NIC A and can receive message to NIC B.

The OS of the server node is Red Hat Enterprice Linux Version4 update4 x86.

Thanks

hiro