[syslog-ng] Compiling on HP/UX 11.11

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Wed Sep 26 15:41:31 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 04:04 -0700, C Wells wrote:

> get
> > > if you have flex installed and not renamed?
> > >
> > > 'checking lex output file root... configure:
> error:
> > > cannot find output from flex; giving up'
> > > I guess I can try a newer flex maybe, not sure
> >
> > The config.log file might have more details. The
> error basically says
> > that the output for flex was not found.
> >
> > Are you sure it is using flex and not the system
> installed lex? Again,
> > the config.log file has more details.
> >
> > The flex/lex commands generate their output as a
> fixed named file
> > (usually lex.yy.c) and the makefiles cannot find
> this file.
> >
> > Try running the flex command line by hand and check
> whether the file
> > gets generated.
> >
> > --
> > Bazsi
> configure:3535: found /usr/local/bin/flex
> configure:3546: result: flex
> configure:3583: flex conftest.l
> flex: fatal internal error, exec failed
> flex: error writing output file lex.yy.c
> configure:3586: $? = 1
> configure:3588: checking lex output file root
> configure:3599: error: cannot find output from flex;
> giving up
>
> So I modified configure to copy out a conftest.l since
> it cleans it up. Then I tried running
> flex -d -o pleasework conftest.l  and get the same
> result, can not find output. What should I try next ?

I think it must have something to do with the "fatal error" that flex is
reporting:

"flex: fatal internal error, exec failed"

Where did you get the flex binary from?

PS: I've committed some HP-UX related fixes to my git tree, although
this flex related problem is specific to your installation and not
solved by my recent patches, please use the latest snapshot. You can
find somewhat more information on my blog. (http://bazsi.blogspot.com/)