[syslog-ng] Compiling on HP/UX 11.11

C Wells s2audi at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 13:04:46 CEST 2007

On 9/14/07, Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 11:16 -0700, C Wells wrote:
> > > What's the error message of configure that you
get
> > if you have flex installed and not renamed?
> >
> > 'checking lex output file root... configure:
error:
> > cannot find output from flex; giving up'
> > I guess I can try a newer flex maybe, not sure
>
> The config.log file might have more details. The
error basically says
> that the output for flex was not found.
>
> Are you sure it is using flex and not the system
installed lex? Again,
> the config.log file has more details.
>
> The flex/lex commands generate their output as a
fixed named file
> (usually lex.yy.c) and the makefiles cannot find
this file.

> Try running the flex command line by hand and check
whether the file
> gets generated.
>
> --
> Bazsi
configure:3535: found /usr/local/bin/flex
configure:3546: result: flex
configure:3583: flex conftest.l
flex: fatal internal error, exec failed
flex: error writing output file lex.yy.c
configure:3586: $? = 1
configure:3588: checking lex output file root
configure:3599: error: cannot find output from flex;
giving up

So I modified configure to copy out a conftest.l since
it cleans it up. Then I tried running
flex -d -o pleasework conftest.l  and get the same
result, can not find output. What should I try next ?
Thanks