[syslog-ng] Compiling on HP/UX 11.11

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Sep 13 19:04:10 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 10:34 -0700, C Wells wrote:
> This glib listed below worked fine (thanks), but then
> it asked for eventlog version >= 0.2, which I found at
> balabit and installed and then it asked for libnet,
> for which I found the binary, so finally the configure
> worked. Make asked for flex, which I had renamed
> because it made configure die. I put flex back and it
> passed that point but dies on this
>
>  gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -g   -o syslog-ng  main.o
> libsyslog-ng.a -lnsl -lrt   -L/usr/local/lib
> -lglib-2.0 -lintl -liconv   -L/usr/local/lib -levtlog
>  -lnet
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
>    linenum (first referenced in
> libsyslog-ng.a(cfg-grammar.o)) (data)
>    lookup_parse_flag (first referenced in
> libsyslog-ng.a(cfg-grammar.o)) (code)
>    strtoll (first referenced in
> libsyslog-ng.a(affile.o)) (code)
>    yylex (first referenced in
> libsyslog-ng.a(cfg-grammar.o)) (code)
>    lex_init (first referenced in
> libsyslog-ng.a(cfg.o)) (code)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

your ld is fine. As it seems cfg-lex.c was regenerated and probably
empty, that's why it does not contain the lookup_parse_flag() function.

Try removing cfg-lex.c, and rerun make. It should regenerate cfg-lex.c
using flex.

As I see the configure test did not find libfl.a (or libfl.so) for some
reason. Try adding that to your link command line.

What's the error message of configure that you get if you have flex
installed and not renamed?