[syslog-ng] Compiling on HP/UX 11.11

C Wells s2audi at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 19:34:00 CEST 2007

This glib listed below worked fine (thanks), but then
it asked for eventlog version >= 0.2, which I found at
balabit and installed and then it asked for libnet,
for which I found the binary, so finally the configure
worked. Make asked for flex, which I had renamed
because it made configure die. I put flex back and it
passed that point but dies on this

 gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -g   -o syslog-ng  main.o
libsyslog-ng.a -lnsl -lrt   -L/usr/local/lib
-lglib-2.0 -lintl -liconv   -L/usr/local/lib -levtlog
 -lnet
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   linenum (first referenced in
libsyslog-ng.a(cfg-grammar.o)) (data)
   lookup_parse_flag (first referenced in
libsyslog-ng.a(cfg-grammar.o)) (code)
   strtoll (first referenced in
libsyslog-ng.a(affile.o)) (code)
   yylex (first referenced in
libsyslog-ng.a(cfg-grammar.o)) (code)
   lex_init (first referenced in
libsyslog-ng.a(cfg.o)) (code)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Do I need another copy of ld ? Am I closer or further
away ?

Thanks

IIRC there's a glib 2.12.x package on the Utah site,
which should be
fine.

http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Gtk/Development/glib2-2.12.13/

We have binaries for HP-UX (PA-RISC), but it is a
service that we offer
for an annual fee.