[syslog-ng] Hostname instead of FQDN in logs

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Sep 7 10:43:36 CEST 2007

You can tell syslog-ng to use the either the reverse domain name or the
name included in the syslog record (check the docs for what the macros
are).  You almost certainly are using the name included in the syslog
record.

What does `hostname` return on the debian box?  My guess is that the
hostname is set to 'server1' without the ourdomain.be the others are all
set to a fqdn