[syslog-ng] Starting syslog_ng daemon with chkconfig on Linux

Corey Bobb cbobb at cygnus.com
Mon May 14 21:12:41 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I am trying to add a specific file for syslog to pickup and log remotely but
have been unable to make it work.

The file I am trying to get over to another syslog-ng server is an audit
log.

What has to happen is from 1 server the log file gets read/moved over to the
other Log server . . .which will then be indexed by splunk.  I am learning
syslog-ng and am not sure exactly how to make what I am trying to do work.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please drop me a note!

Thanks