[syslog-ng] Re: Starting syslog_ng daemon with chkconfig on Linux

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Mon May 14 09:51:53 CEST 2007

On 2007-05-14, Shamim <shamim_99 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   When I try to start syslog_ng daemon with chkconfig  it says.
>
>   Syslog_ng-2.0.2
> service syslog_ng does not support chkconfig
> Am I missing something ? or how to start   syslog_ng daemon with chkconfi=
> g on Linux.

It sounds like you're /etc/init.d/syslog-ng is not the one distributed
with syslog-ng. Mine has these headers:

----------------------
# head -8 /etc/init.d/syslog-ng
#!/bin/bash
#
# syslog-ng     This starts and stops syslog-ng
#
# chkconfig:    2345 12 88
# processname:  syslog-ng
# pidfile:      /var/run/syslog-ng.pid

but I think only the chkconfig-line is necessary for chkconfig to
make it support chkconfig. So try adding that to your init-script.

  -jf