[syslog-ng] map "mark.info" in syslog.conf to syslog-ng.conf

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Mon Mar 19 10:37:06 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 11:36 -0400, Lily Feng wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I tried to map the syslog.conf to syslog-ng.conf via syslog2ng:
> mark.info
> It is mapped to
> filter f_1 { facility(mark) and level(info..emerg);}
> It could not pass the verification because facility(mark)is not
> correct.
> How to fix it?

I don't know what the 'mark' facility is for, in fact I've never seen it
referenced. The set of facitilities syslog-ng knows depends on the
system it was compiled on, but you can use custom facilities if you know
their 'numerical code'.

The list of commonly defined facilities can be found in RFC3164 (section
4.1.1), that RFC might be worth a read if you are getting involved in
syslog. (and checking out www.syslog.org and www.loganalysis.org
websites)