[syslog-ng] MySQL syslog-ng regex

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sat Mar 3 15:08:53 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 20:31 +0300, Fat Wallet wrote:
> Thanks Bazsi, I'd appreciate if you could send me a patch.  Currently,
> I need to parse upto 18 arguments to before inserting into MySQL
> database.

I've just committed a patch that should make syslog-ng capable of using
up to 255 regexp matches. You need to use the shell-like ${NNN} syntax,
e.g. to get the 13th match, use:

${13}

It should be available in tomorrow's snapshot.

In the same patch I also reorganized an internal data structure somewhat
so some testing is more than welcome. (basically the structure was
shrunk somewhat and I tried to avoid double-dereferences for certain
structure members for more CPU cache friendlyness)