[syslog-ng] Feature Request for Macros

aero1967 at fastmail.fm aero1967 at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 20 19:02:17 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'd like to submit two feature requests for macros in syslog-ng.

1. Week of the month.  The WEEK macro gives the absolute week within the
year.  What I would like to see is a new macro parameter for the week
within the month.  An algorithm for this might be: the first day of the
month falls in the first week.  Thereafter the week counter is
incremented the same way as the standard WEEK parameter.  So the range
of values this parameter would take is 1 - 5.

Example use: file("var/log/$YEAR/$MONTH/$MONTHWEEK/some.log") where I've
called the new macro parameter "MONTHWEEK"

2. A macro parameter for month "name", i.e. the common abbreviation for
each month, e.g. Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.

Thanks,

V. R.

  aero1967 at fastmail.fm