[syslog-ng] Solaris-9 Syslog-ng

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Fri Jul 27 08:41:04 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 05:38:13PM -0400, Rory Savage wrote:
> I just installed syslog-ng on a Solaris 9 (SPARC) server.   It will
> not log anything to the console nor to /var/adm/messages.   Does
> anyone have any idea of what I am doing wrong?

> source s_sys { internal(); sun-streams ("/dev/log" door("/var/run/
> syslog_door")); };

There's a working config posted here:

 http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/solaris-conf.txt

...and the source line looks different in the copy on the FAQ site that
what you posted.  That's taken from a syslog-ng.conf I used on solaris
at a past job.

Here's what I use on Solaris currently:

source local {
	sun-streams("/dev/log");
	udp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514));
	internal();
};

...and it's working right now on at least a couple hundred boxes.
--
Nate

Security-wise, NT is a server with a "Kick me" sign taped to it.