[syslog-ng] forwarding to server

Chris Harner chris.harner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 15:02:24 CEST 2007

Hello,
I was wondering if you have used Webmin to manage syslog-ng before?  I find
it very easy to use, however I have it pointing to my syslog server and it
still does not work!  I tried sending to port 514(default) via TCP and UDP.
Still no luck!  I feel like I am missing something.  I did look over the
source of syslog-ng and the config samples.  It allowed me to understand how
it works much better.

On 8/28/07, Geller, Sandor (IT) <Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > Well that makes sense!  Well, I added your code onto the
> > bottom of syslog-ng.conf.in since I couldn't find a commented
> > out line already in the config.  Are there docs on referring
> > statements to log statements like the one you gave me?  I'm
> > not exactly sure how to go about that.  Thanks Sandor.
>
> You should check the reference manual and the configuration
> samples bundled with the syslog-ng source package. I suggest
> creating your own configuration instead of customising an
> existing one. There are a lot of options which might miss
> from the template you're using currently.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sandor

Chris Harner  []  Server Engineer  []  Arnold Transportation Services