[syslog-ng] valid HOSTNAME characters in syslog?

dave ceek63 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 01:17:21 CEST 2007

Well, I am just a user of syslog-ng. When I was using
it as a Relay, it was treating '@' a valid character
in HOSTNAME field of syslog message. I have no issues
with that! I just want to know which RFC states '@' a
valid HOSTNAME character. RFC 3164 doesn't state but
refers to one more RFC. I couldn't find the right info
there.

In summary, all I need to know is the Reference to RFC
which states '@' can be valid hostname character. If
possible, I would also like to see reference for valid
character Set for HOSTNAME in syslog message.

cheers
+D

--- "Geller, Sandor (IT)"