[syslog-ng] Trying to define my sources

Guy Fleegman network.monger at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 20:39:30 CEST 2007

Hello:
I am new to syslog-ng

 I have multiple network devices all sending me their syslog data to a
single Linux server.
I break the syslog data out to individual files based upon IP addresses.

My problem is that I have a few devices that are sending out data in with no
timezone information. The simply assume GMT.
Is there any way to define my sources so that
1) I can have a default "bucket" source that cathces all syslog data send vi
IP unless defined otherwise
2) I can define out individual IP's as "sources"
3) I can have one of the sources automatically apply a timezone i specify?

Please advise and thanks,

This is my source definition
source all_routers { udp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(514));
};