[syslog-ng] weird messages from syslog.

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Wed Apr 25 13:47:54 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 14:22 +0300, )\(@sS wrote:
> hello everyone,
> i am really weirded out by some of the messages that appear on stdout
> from syslog and the kernel.
> i dunno where to turn in order to interpret the messages so i ask if
> you please take a look.. and perhaps direct me to someone. thank you
> in advance
>
> im setting up a pc that i want to use as server. its characteristics
> are

you can analyze these results using ksymoops, and then you should
probably post to LKML, or a distribution specific mailing list. The
backtraces seem to be quite consistent, but the code as displayed seems
to be bogus:

$ objdump  -b binary -m i386  --disassemble -D qwqw

qwqw:     file format binary

Disassembly of section .data:

0000000000000000 <.data>:
   0:   3a f6                   cmp    %dh,%dh
   2:   c2 01 75                ret    $0x7501
   5:   3e 8b 1a                mov    %ds:(%edx),%ebx
   8:   31 c0                   xor    %eax,%eax
   a:   39                      .byte 0x39
   b:   34                      .byte 0x34