[syslog-ng] More then one application running on same server

Talati, Ashish J ajt4034 at exchange.uta.edu
Wed Apr 4 17:41:51 CEST 2007

Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply.
But as I am new in this so can you please be more specific that how can I use the Program() filter??
Let me again tell you my specific issue- I have a Tomcat server running and in that server I have 3 application or nodes that generates the logs and dump into tomcat server....Now when I use the syslog it gives me all the logs mix with the generating source name as the hostname (tomcat server)....but I want that syslog should give me the logs which has the field in it from which I can identify that this log is generated in this application and this is in other...
So I hope  I describe the problem to give you exact idea!!
I will be thankful to you if you help me in this.

B.R.
Ash