[syslog-ng] DNS and hosts

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Thu Sep 28 17:41:52 CEST 2006

First, we have two DNS servers, so one can be down without any change in service.

Second, I just run the name service caching deamon (nscd) and configure it for whatever
cache name timeout that I want. This does not help with syslog messages that come from
a host that does not have an entry in the name cache such as a new host, but it
works for me.

Evan.

Evan Rempel                erempel at uvic.ca
Senior Programmer Analyst        250.721.7691
Computing Services
University of Victoria