[syslog-ng] use syslog-ng to monitor just couple of processes

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 27 19:12:28 CEST 2006

I've not used rsyslog myself, but it seems a lot closer to the old
syslog than syslog-ng which is quite different and very flexible.
Rsyslog seems to do most of the things that syslog-ng does so I guess it
might be down to which you personally prefer.

Syslog-ng seems more prevalent, and although rsyslog seems to have built
in mysql support, whereas syslog-ng uses a tiny glue shell script, the
syslog-ng way works well enough too. I run my central logserver this way
and it is reliable.

Neither of these things really support web interfaces to my knowledge.
My web interface is an interface to mysql,  nothing to do with syslog-ng....

-h

Hari Sekhon