[syslog-ng] beginner's question about how to use Java to write log

Alexander Clouter ac56 at soas.ac.uk
Thu Oct 26 20:48:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

Tiger Peng <nymnails at yahoo.com> [20061026 10:15:43 -0700]:

> I am the beginner of the syslog-ng, and have a very basic question.
>
> How to use Java to write the system log to syslog-ng? Is the same syslogger
> wrapper can be used here?

I appreciate you being a beginner of syslog-ng however you should know how to
use Google.  Typing 'syslog-ng java' gave me instantly:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/

Please don't use the mailing list to get us to use Google on your behalf.

Unsurprisingly searching for 'syslog java' comes up with a lot of other
options.

> Another suggestion is that the list didn't have the search ability, it
> should be very helpful to have it, I believe a lot of people do like to see
> it.

Google with 'site:lists.balabit.hu' before your search term(s).  So to search
the mailing list for 'java' use the term:

'site:lists.balabit.hu java'

Cheers

Alex