[syslog-ng] flags(fallback)

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Wed Oct 25 16:38:39 CEST 2006

> What problem are you trying to solve? Simply put a catch-all log
> definition to the end of your configuration.

At 3 AM last night I realized that you need:

# catch all messages that haven't qualified for other
# destination{}'s yet
log { source(src); destination(messages); flags(fallback); };

# catch a copy of all messages that were flagged for secondary
# destinations{}'s already, but not flagged finalized, such
# as those sent to a PIPE/FIFO via program(), for which we also
# want a log file copy of
log { source(src); destination(messages); };

Anyway it's ugly.  But, keeping these configs graceful at this point is
...well, moot.

~BAS