[syslog-ng] logging by hostname

sawall sawall at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 22:52:53 CEST 2006

Depending how how your syslog-ng file is set up and assuming that the syslog
data received is only IP address, I would make sure your DNS is setup
correctly.  Make sure all hosts have both forward and reverse entries in
your DNS servers.  That's how my implemenation is working.  As long as my
host have a reverse entry in DNS, syslog-ng is logging by name.

Chris