[syslog-ng] Message loss: update 1

Vincent Haverlant vincent at haverlant.org
Tue Mar 14 10:37:00 CET 2006

Le Mon Mar 13 17:56:59 2006, Balazs Scheidler a écrit:
| On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 11:27 +0100, Vincent Haverlant wrote:
|
| > I still have one problem though: why didn't the packet show up in
| > udpInOverflow when they should have ? I'll keep you updated when I find
| > out. Also I'll try to provide a patch for the setsockop stuff but not
| > being a good developper it might be better if one of you official
| > syslog-ng team member took it from here.
|
| I would be interested why it did not show up. I'm not using Solaris
| regularly, but I would look at the values for these stats values (picked
| from the output of netstat -s)

Yep, I'm still working on a perfectly reproductible test case before
opening a request on Sun support. I'll keep you informed.

| ipInDiscards
|
| Probe that fires whenever an input IP datagram is discarded for reasons
| unrelated to the packet (for example, for lack of buffer space). This
| probe does not fire for any datagram discarded while awaiting
| reassembly.
|
| udpInOverflows
|
| Probe that fires whenever a UDP datagram is received, but subsequently
| dropped due to lack of buffer space.

That's pretty clear, I should see the udpInOverflows counter
intrementing.

Vincent.
--
   .~.     Vincent Haverlant  -- Galadril -- #ICQ: 35695155
   /V\      MSN: vincent_msn at haverlant.org  -- http://www.haverlant.org/