[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng dropped packets.

Vaibhav Goel vgoel at cucbc.com
Fri Jul 14 15:21:52 CEST 2006

Hi Bazsi

We are still having issues with dropped packets under heavy load.  We
increased the size of rmem_default and rmem_max drastically but we are
not seeing much of an improvement....Maybe about 50% or so.  Currently,
the sizes are

$ > cat /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default
786426
$ > cat /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
1572852

Do you have any other suggestions?  We are running syslog-ng 1.6.11.

All the logging is done over TCP (except 1 UDP source but that doesn't
generate a lot of logging data).

Thanks,