[syslog-ng] logging of auth-priv

Peter Koinange peter.koinange at swiftkenya.com
Thu Jan 12 18:14:00 CET 2006

I have included my config

On Thursday 12 January 2006 20:11, Peter Koinange wrote:
> I have a very basic setup at the monet for syslog-ng server, am just
> writing everything i get to the database regardless of the
> facility/severity combination since the database can get check for specific
> details

source src {unix-stream("/dev/log");
              pipe("/proc/kmsg");
              internal();};
source s_udpmessages { udp(); };

destination d_mysql { pipe("/var/log/mysql.pipe" template("INSERT INTO logs
(host, facility, priority, level, tag, datetime, program, msg)
VALUES ( '$HOST', '$FACILITY', '$PRIORITY', '$LEVEL', '$TAG',
'$YEAR-$MONTH-$DAY $HOUR:$MIN:$SEC','$PROGRAM', '$MSG' );\n")
 template-escape(yes)); };
log { source(src); destination(d_mysql); };
log { source(s_udpmessages); destination(d_mysql); };