[syslog-ng] logging of auth-priv

Peter Koinange peter.koinange at swiftkenya.com
Thu Jan 12 17:58:23 CET 2006

I have just installed syslog-ng and am logging to a mysql database. I am
trying to implement a centralized syslog system. Everything is working well
except for auth-priv facility. I cannot seem to get to them sent to the
centralized database.

When l run test with logger on the remote computer get the following error
logger: unknown facility name: auth-priv.
however syslog on the remove computer has the entry
# The authpriv file has restricted access.
authpriv.*                                              /var/log/secure
 and is logging to the secure file with no problems

when I add an entry for the remote compter to send the info
authpriv.*                                              @host.me.com

the logs do not show up. Can someone advise me on what to I can

Peter Koinange